Thursday 2 March 2017

I AM NOT A TREE









































Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my professional goals and such. I graduated nursing almost three years ago but moving, maternity leave and jumping from job to job has been hard on my professional life and my career has lacked consistency. Sometimes, I feel like I just haven't been committed enough. Goals seems so out of reach sometimes, laziness sets in and excuses are made. SO many excuses. "I don't have enough money and I don't have enough time," are probably my most common.

I've come to realize these are horrible excuses, that shouldn't be excuses at all. Money is fluid and will come and go throughout life and time is something that will always escape us. But rather than trying to do the impossible and prevent time from moving, I can try to live an intentional life and cut out the excess noise/distractions. Not to make time, but to make space for more important things that serve myself and my family.

Professional goals this year that I want to accomplish are getting my Perinatal Nursing Certificate and start the journey of becoming both a Birth and Postpartum Doula. Now that my maternity leave is coming to an end, it feels good to direct my focus towards this and I am going to dive in head first.

Im interested to know how others have juggled being a working mother and wife while taking on classes/school?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished